FINANCIAL TRAVEL TIPS
Before you leave on a trip:
- Contact Forcht Bank to let us know when and where you will be traveling, especially when traveling out of the state or country. This will keep the bank from suspecting your account is being compromised when out of state or overseas activity is noted.
- Plan ahead! Make sure you have at least two methods (ATM card, credit card, etc.) of getting cash while traveling, especially abroad, in case one method is lost or stolen. Keep these items in separate places while traveling.
- Check the daily cash withdrawal limit or credit limit for each debit and credit card.
- Check the expiration date on each credit or debit card. If it will expire while you're abroad, contact your bank and request new cards with a new expiration date to be sent to you ASAP
- Sign up for Online Banking so you can view daily account activity
- Memorize and test the PIN number of each of your cards.
- Photocopy credit or debit cards and keep separate from the actual cards and checks.
While out of the country:
- When you pay with your credit or debit card, check the sales voucher carefully! You are liable for the amount written in the box marked "Total", so make sure it is filled in before you sign.
- Keep a copy of all ATM transaction records and sales receipts and checks these against your online or written statement.
Get cash safely:
- Look for ATMs that display the logos on the back of your card, or those recommended by Forcht Bank.
- Be alert and look around you! If too many people are loitering around the ATM machine, go to another ATM.
- If the ATM machine is in a booth, do not let anyone enter the booth with you. Do not enter a booth while someone else is waiting.